Below are some of the ways in which you can reduce the risk of getting cancer. Note that this list is not exhaustive but it will help you lower the risk of cancer and also help you to live a healthy life.
- Do not smoke. Research shows that 1 in 3 of all cancer cases is related to smoking. Smoking of cigarettes kills almost half of all long-term users. Smoking is not only the leading risk factor of lung cancer but the use of tobacco is also linked to several other cancers and health threats. Cut out smoking and cut your risk of cancer. If you are not an active smoker, make sure that you are not a passive smoker.
- Avoid getting overweight. Maintaining a healthy weight is not only important for cancer prevention but also other health matters. Research shows that people with proper lifestyles and the recommended body weight have an 18% lower risk of cancer. Take care of your weight and you will have taken a step against cancer.
- Become physically active. Target at least 30 minutes of proper physical activity on a daily basis. Being physically active helps reduce your risk of cancer.
- Observe a healthy diet. As you may already know, your diet has a very great effect on your health. Some of the things that I encourage you to eat include fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Avoid foods that are very high in sugar, salt and fat. It is also safe to avoid processed meat and limit your intake of red meat.
- Avoid alcohol. Alcohol can be responsible for about 7 types of cancer; mouth, gullet, throat, liver, colon and rectum. In case you consume alcohol, consider limiting the amount of intake.
- Avoid pollutants. Whether you are at workplace or home, protect yourself at all cost from cancer causing agents. Always observe the health and safety instructions. In cases where you are required to put on personal protective gear (PPG) kindly do so. To employers, make sure that you provide PPGs.
- Get screened for cancer. Some cancers can be treated if found early. Screening is mainly aimed at preventing death from cancer.
Take note that the points above are not restricted to cancer control alone but our entire health. Adopt a healthy lifestyle and you will not only be safe from cancer but also from other major diseases like diabetes.
Question: what are you doing to make sure that you and your loved ones are safe from cancer?
Keep it interactive here by leaving your comments, and don’t forget to click the notification button to be updated on what’s happening here. Thank you to all my viewers I really appreciate you for the support.
Check out this jam by Lil Tetep, search him on YouTube for more and subscribe to his channel. You won’t be disappointed.
Watch the video below.,,