Agriculture remains the backbone of the Kenyan economy despite the testing times that it has had to go through. Incorporation of the modern technology in agriculture is expected to boost this sector a great deal. Wondering which way you should go? I have prepared some agricultural ideas that I think will do magic to your pockets in Kenya this year.
- Vegetable farming. Some of the vegetables that you should consider are cucumber, spinach, broccoli and cabbage. This enterprise is very profitable considering the short growth period of many vegetables. It requires a small capital and the only great deal is that you should make sure that you have a reliable water source.
- Mushroom farming. NAFIS, The National Information Service recently conducted a study and found out that the production of mushroom in Kenya is 500 tonnes only against a demand of 1200 tonnes. This means that more than half of the demanded mushrooms have to be imported. Herein lies a great opportunity waiting to be grabbed.
- Fish farming. 1kg of fish goes at a price of Ksh 500. A high fish demand also exists from the fish processing industries as well as supermarkets. You only require a small capital and you are good to go.
- Bee keeping. All that this enterprise requires is a small space and a few coins. With proper management you can reap big out of honey production. It is possible for you to start this enterprise with as low as Ksh 4,000.
- Pig farming. Pork is the main product from pigs. With proper feeding as well as other management practices, your pigs are likely to attain 75 kgs by the age of 6 months. Pigs also have the ability to give rise to as many as 20 piglets. This gives you an added advantage as your business grows fast.
Thank you for taking your time reading this article. Kindly leave a comment, like and feel free to share. Check out www.victor40.co.ke for more like this.
Victor Mwangi -Author.